WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bissinger's Handmade Chocolate

The great thing about the holidays is that -- MNCH -- you don't really have to worry -- OMOMOM MMMM -- about stuffing your face -- MMF*snap*MMF -- with sugary treats. In fact -- MMMMMMNNNNNNSNRF -- if your mouth isn't full of chocolate throughout December -- MUNCHMUNCH -- you're doing something wrong. 
Bissinger's official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Oh, my heavens. I'm drooling.

Do be sure to notice the shipping date on these as they are made to order. So don't freak out when they don't ship right away. They'll ship out 3-5 business days after December 9.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

9 dollars for five chocolates? i think this is too rich for my wallet

kd1357

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kd1357
CowboyDann wrote:9 dollars for five chocolates? i think this is too rich for my wallet

I had the exact same reaction. I figured it would be at least 10-12 pieces.

Edit: That being said- the Chocolate covered grapes look interesting. Anyone have any experience with these or something similar?

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
CowboyDann wrote:9 dollars for five chocolates? i think this is too rich for my wallet

No kidding! I think they're only $10.00 on the website anyway, but you may have to buy two.
They sound tasty though.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Wondering how these compare to Candy Basket we've become used to, and spoiled by..?

CT

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
kd1357 wrote:I had the exact same reaction. I figured it would be at least 10-12 pieces.

Edit: That being said- the Chocolate covered grapes look interesting. Anyone have any experience with these or something similar?

I'm curious about those myself. I wonder what percentage cocoa the chocolate is in those.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

enoki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enoki

Can I ship this directly as a gift, or will it include an invoice with a price on it?

mbuotidem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbuotidem

I second enoki's question

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
enoki wrote:Can I ship this directly as a gift, or will it include an invoice with a price on it?

Strange, they don't have the box for clicking to state that you are ordering it as a gift. So it doesn't look like you can ship it as a gift without the invoice included.

[MOD: That's only on Wine.Woot. We spoil you guys, you know.]

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

enoki wrote:Can I ship this directly as a gift, or will it include an invoice with a price on it?

No paperwork is included in the box with the chocolates.

Be sure to let the recipient know you're sending them something or they won't know who to thank!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ncsuwolf96

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ncsuwolf96

Someone please tell me more about the chocolate covered wine grapes. Anyone ever had these before?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

too funny... I got the Bissingers catalog and was going to order the wine grapes!! Glad I waited!!

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
ncsuwolf96 wrote:Someone please tell me more about the chocolate covered wine grapes. Anyone ever had these before?

Never had them, and I am just as curious. But "dried wine grapes" sounds suspiciously like raisins. With my mouthbrain, I'm imagining large Raisinets that have a wine-infused flavor.

enoki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enoki

Darn. Now that I've got the answer, It's sold out!

ThunderThighs wrote:No paperwork is included in the box with the chocolates.

Be sure to let the recipient know you're sending them something or they won't know who to thank!

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

Come back and I will Buy, Buy, Buy!!

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

crud...missed out on the sea salt caramel box. guess i'll have to pay more attention next time.

cheesefood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cheesefood

Dear Woot:

I need the Fleur de Sel chocolates back. I don't think you understand - the women at my office are addicted to them. I held them off over the summer because it was too hot to ship, but they've been asking me now that it's cooler if I'll get them again.

Woot, do you know what it's like to work with all women? I keep cabinets full of chocolate just to stay alive. I think the Fleur de Sel ones helped me get a promotion.

You can't just leave me high and dry like this.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

DilloTex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DilloTex

Factoring in shipping, almost $3.00/bite. Nice. Screaming deal there.

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Too bad the $20 for 24 pieces sold out. That one was only $0.83 per piece instead of $1.80 per piece for the 5-piece box. Bit of a price discrepancy there...

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
cheesefood wrote:Dear Woot:

I need the Fleur de Sel chocolates back.

Here here! I second the request for more Fleur de Sel chocolate. I got excited when I saw these but then realized they weren't the same ones. :-(

cheesefood

spilzer wrote:Here here! I second the request for more Fleur de Sel chocolate. I got excited when I saw these but then realized they weren't the same ones. :-(

Costco has some sea-salt chocolates that I picked up thinking that they would hold the estrogen-fueled horde till the others were available. They weren't the same. I was warned against bringing in imitations again.

Please, Woot. I tried e-mailing Candy Basket them but they wouldn't return my e-mails.

badcatstl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages badcatstl

As a native St. Louisan these are extremely good chocolates. Even better when they are made into a gooey butter cake......mmmmmmm

Bione

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Bione
spilzer wrote:Here here! I second the request for more Fleur de Sel chocolate. I got excited when I saw these but then realized they weren't the same ones. :-(

Check wine.woot today and see that Woot! sometimes answers your wishes.

For my part, I *think* I've had chocolate-covered wine-infused grapes from Woot before (but not sure if it was these). They were good enough that I've bought a couple of these. I'll try one and may give the other to a friend.

I still hope that Woot will one day bring back the wine-filled chocolates that they carried a few years ago, although that manufacturer may no longer exist. Now those were worth buying 3 of.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Bione wrote:Check wine.woot today and see that Woot! sometimes answers your wishes.

YES! I was sooooo excited when I woke up and saw that this morning. Thank you, Woot, for making my Christmas a merry one.

p.s. I think they are acutally over at Home.Woot.

cheesefood

Bione wrote:Check wine.woot today and see that Woot! sometimes answers your wishes. .

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I missed them.

lmg1464

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmg1464

Received the maple bacon caramels. I personally think they are WAY to maple-y. Won't get these again, especially for the price. Darn you MAPLE!!