WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Game Room Shall Be Your Sanctuary

Leisure games let you spend "quality time" with your family in a way that doesn't require interacting with them in any meaningful way whatsoever. And as an emotionally distant introvert, that's just what you need! "Nice shot, sis" is about as complicated as these conversations are bound to get. 

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We had a pool table growing up and my dad made a ping-pong top for it. What about you?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray

Weight of the darts?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ledastray wrote:Weight of the darts?

I know nothing about darts but I see the Fire Flight on the Accudart site. You can zoom into the package and it says 20G. Is that the weight?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I call $5 everytime a college campus orders a 36 pack of ping pong balls.

ledastray

ThunderThighs wrote:I know nothing about darts but I see the Fire Flight on the Accudart site. You can zoom into the package and it says 20G. Is that the weight?

Ah, thank you. (Should have Google'd. Sorry.) Yes 20g is in the right range, maybe a little on the heavy side.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

I purchased this poker set on Woot around Oct. 24th for $30 + $5 shipping. In fact it was such a good deal and picture looked so good I took the chance on two getting an extra for a gift. I was extremely pleased when they got here. Looks much better than the picture, real classy. Even at $35 + $5 the price is a deal. If you even think you may would like this set, jump now before a possible sell out. You will be glad you did. Sorry Woot went up $5 but like I said, it is still worth it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it came packaged EXTREMELY WELL. Package was twice the size of product and well padded. UPS could have dribbled it from truck to front door without doing any harm. Nice to see solid packaging.

heartburnkid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages heartburnkid

If I were to order multiple sets of darts, is there any way to guarantee different colors?

ledastray

heartburnkid wrote:If I were to order multiple sets of darts, is there any way to guarantee different colors?

I doubt they have multiple colors (for the same set) they don't usually come packaged that way in stores.

If the photos are accurate the Accudart sets come with six shafts, 3 installed & 3 spare. (The description says 3 shafts, so YMMV.) If so, you could swap shafts on a second set to get two color combos (each type.)

Also, many stores around here have a few darts (in sporting goods or toy sections) and usually have a package of assorted flights. Those could color customize darts and aren't too expensive (even when not on sale.)

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

It's cool there's a table tennis table, but I was hoping for a ping-pong table.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Any idea how good this foosball table is? The house that I bought (and am living in) has a huge finished basement which is currently empty. There is a place for a pool table, but I'm not ready for that yet. Foos, however, may be a great start.

robkiffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robkiffe

I've had the basic Unicorn board (the one for $19) for a few years now. Has held up well and really minimizes bounce-outs.

ledastray

ledastray wrote:... (Should have Google'd....) ...

OK, got curious & did Google.

Haven't found any weights on the Unicorn darts. I've found the Accudart Torpedo darts on other sites and it seems they are 16g or 18g.

BTW- these prices for these darts range from OK to very good, depending on whether the other sites have them on sale, but in every case I found shipping here was a *HUGE* win.

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger

I don't know these pool cues specifically, but I would very much recommend against getting any of them if you want a good, straight, well balanced stick. It really can't be done (except by accident) with a $5 or $20 cues stick. I used to play a bit and had my own, cheap, stick - two piece. It was better than a barroom cue stick, but definitely not good. I did ok with mine, but I knew exactly where the little bends and warps were. Just sayin'.

T

extech01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01

I bought darts and they came and were too heavy and much more expensive (got at hayneedle)

Was looking for a nice dartboard for the bar area- what do you think about this woot?

ledastray wrote:Ah, thank you. (Should have Google'd. Sorry.) Yes 20g is in the right range, maybe a little on the heavy side.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

Why are there 3 goalies in the foosball table? I haven't played since I was a kid, but I remember there only being one.

ledastray

extech01 wrote:I bought darts and they came and were too heavy and much more expensive (got at hayneedle)

Was looking for a nice dartboard for the bar area- what do you think about this woot?

Very nice boards. Unless you are determined to have electronic scoring these are the type that are most recommended. (Their construction makes them "catch" darts better & last much longer without wearing out.) I didn't notice these particular models as I was searching, but I don't see any missing features and these are cheaper than comparable boards I saw & have seen.

Edit to add: I'm not talking about the Sportcraft Electronic board in the cabinet above. I don't know anything about it.

The weight, (size, shape, etc.,) of darts is fairly personal. Skinny is an advantage, for traditional '01 games at least, and the more expensive models use tungsten so they can have some heft in a slender profile. (The more exotic can easily run into triple-digit prices.) These are simple beginners darts that seem to be very well priced.

If you're just getting "house" darts to go with a board, I'd stock up on the Unicorns and get a flight assortment at a local store (to make each set distinct. Target, Walmart, Sears, Sports Authority, Big-5 all have darts in stock, at least seasonally, around here.)

If you're buying for yourself, it's personal. I'd buy whichever strikes your fancy or one of each so you can try them before deciding.

Note the Accudart Torpedo uses soft tips. Back in the day you needed soft tips for electronic darts. It looks like those boards have improved and will take steel tips too now. But if older boards or fewer holes are an issue the nylon tips work fine in the boards here and cause *less* damage to other things. (I.e. scratches, not holes.)

djtyler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtyler

This is a great deal on the Doomsday Decks. Woot shows the black decks when in fact one is buying the Blood Red decks. It's a shame they don't show the beautiful back design. More images and information can be found at doomsdaydeck.com

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
ledastray wrote:Ah, thank you. (Should have Google'd. Sorry.) Yes 20g is in the right range, maybe a little on the heavy side.

I was thinking about learning to play darts this winter as an indoor activity. You seem to be knowledgeable, So may I ask which darts are best for a beginner?

cdubbya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdubbya

Can't seem to find the STIGA 'Dynasty' anywhere else? Is this a misprint? The specs aren't exactly voluminous here...

ledastray

morninglark wrote:I was thinking about learning to play darts this winter as an indoor activity. You seem to be knowledgeable, So may I ask which darts are best for a beginner?

I've played, for years now, but I'm by no means an expert. (They have pro tours over in Europe.)

I wrote quite a bit a little further along at:

ledastray wrote:... The weight, (size, shape, etc.,) of darts is fairly personal....

I think any of these darts would be fine for beginning. The boards are better than fine, if you are wanting to set one up at home.

Which set is best for you really is personal. Eventually, if you get more serious, e.g. playing in a league, you'll probably want tungsten darts (at least 80%) because they can be skinnier for a given heft and allow tighter groups. But body size, weight, weight distribution, etc varies a lot and getting some experience first is a good idea before you go shopping for your ultimate set. Basically you want something you can grip and throw comfortably and accurately.

bobtina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobtina
johnt007871 wrote:I call $5 everytime a college campus orders a 36 pack of ping pong balls.

You're gonna be rich. We college students do play a lot of...ping pong

jblosser99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jblosser99

-20g for a steel-tip dart is light (it's heavy for a soft-tip, but these are steel-tip).

-Don't throw steel-tip darts at an electronic board. I know the specs say steel or soft, but you're going to be picking up off the floor every dart thrown - they will not stick in the board.

-Brass darts are fine to start with, and for simple recreational use in the basement, and the $25 bristle board that's left is a fine board.

jkaleda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkaleda

any idea on how sturdy the poker table is? Majority of players lean both arms on the padded arm-rest. will my tower of chips fall over when someone decides to sit upright?

SPAM in the place that you live.

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg

Stiga, Yes! 40mm, Yes! One-Star, No! Bummer.

Wootlists are silly.

seanlange

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seanlange
comma wrote:Why are there 3 goalies in the foosball table? I haven't played since I was a kid, but I remember there only being one.

Yes all the foosball tables anymore have 3 goalies. I used to play a lot growing up myself and the three goalie thing is just awful. I guess it must be easier/cheaper than sloping up the corners. I have been looking for several years for a decent single goalie table that doesn't cost a fortune or is so beer soaked and cigarette stained that I don't want it in my house.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

It's for the kiddos on those "we don't have "outs" during games" teams.

seanlange wrote:Yes all the foosball tables anymore have 3 goalies. I used to play a lot growing up myself and the three goalie thing is just awful. I guess it must be easier/cheaper than sloping up the corners. I have been looking for several years for a decent single goalie table that doesn't cost a fortune or is so beer soaked and cigarette stained that I don't want it in my house.

that was fun while it lasted!

hawk0168

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hawk0168

One question:

Where is the bubble hockey?

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

I once played and beat Mike Massey... dude was a real champ. Ran out all his balls, left the cue for a perfect shot on the 8 in the side. He cut it in the corner and scratched :D

saucepan21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saucepan21

Does anyone know if this type of pool table would weigh less/be easier to move than a traditional slate one?

K9itty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages K9itty

Got the Doomsday cards. They are indeed red and not black as pictured.

umzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages umzy

The poker chips aren't that great of a deal unless you want the display box. I have the set below. Decent chips (11.5g) and 300ct as opposed to the 200ct offered here. You can even choose your colors/denominations. With UPS, they cost me $5 more than this Woot, but I've got 100 more chips.

http://www.epokerdeals.com/11_5_gram_Dice_Style_Poker_Chip_Set_p/sa300di.htm

russchott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russchott

What's the weight of the Massey cues?

Mathemagic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mathemagic

Anyone receive their Foosball table yet? I ordered mine over a week ago with absolutely no update...

desolationstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desolationstorm

Same thing for me with the Dart Board. I got my darts in 2 days but the board has not shipped.

Mathemagic

Hopefully it will come before Christmas!

Mathemagic

Well - anyone? It has been (going on) ten days for me with the same message "awaiting shipping". I have not experienced this type of delay with Woot before and I have been a member for almost eight years with many Woots under my digital belt...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mathemagic wrote:Well - anyone? It has been (going on) ten days for me with the same message "awaiting shipping". I have not experienced this type of delay with Woot before and I have been a member for almost eight years with many Woots under my digital belt...

There was a holiday and a weekend in there. While often faster, we do ask that you allow 5 business days for processing and shipping. You'll likely see an update at the first of this next week.

FORUM MODERATOR

stormchaserbh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormchaserbh

I've got the air hockey table on order.... checking every day because I can't wait!!! Wooooo!

133 Woots, including 4 BeeOhCees, 18 LeakFrogs, 19 SanDisk MP3 players, 6 Screaming Woot Monkeys and a pair of Woot-Off Lights!! (But no Bacon Salt or Roombas yet)

Mathemagic

Still no update. It has been 14 days (including weekends) since the order.